I always LOVE getting “different” fruits and veggies from the Bountiful Basket. Last week, besides the bulk green beans, we also received persimmons. I haven’t had persimmons since I was a kid. They are such a beautiful color. I pulled up some information online and it stated that anytime that you use pumpkins, you can substitute persimmons in the recipe as well. I pulled my FAVORITE pumpkin muffin recipe out of my recipe box (This was one that my grandma Ella gave me.)
(We ALWAYS double this recipe!)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tins with paper liners – I like to use my mini muffin pans as well.
- Mix together first 8 ingredients in small bowl and whisk together.
- Beat eggs for 30 seconds. Add persimmon puree, oil and brown sugar to bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins filling each cup 3/4 full.