I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about HUMMUS… My sister is amazing and for the last 3 years has been trying to get me to even try hummus. It is UGLY and (I think) smells FUNNY. But, then I gave in and now, for the last 6 months we ALWAYS have homemade hummus and pita chips for a snack. Yes, I admit, I was wrong!! It is SO GOOD! Thanks Jen for finally just shoving a chip with hummus down my throat. I am sorry that I acted like a 2 year old and wouldn’t try it.
Hummus and chips is a good snack for kids in the summer-time. We make the chips from scratch along with the hummus… when have I not made anything from scratch!?!?
Since Pita chips and hummus are now a staple in our home, I wanted to share with you how to make BOTH! It would even make a good snack to take on a picnic this summer!!
Hummus is VERY easy!!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 bundle of cilantro, chopped
- 3 limes zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted or 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Wash and add chicken breasts into your solar oven pans.
- In a blender, blend together cilantro, lime zest and juice, oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Top with chopped green onions.
- Bake in solar oven for 6-8 hours.