Yes, I know that it is only July 19. (It is actually my beautiful mommy’s 60th birthday) But, I tend to see that Summer is ALMOST DONE! (I say that only because kids in Arizona go back to school at the beginning of AUGUST! As most of you know, I do homeschool some of my kids, but I also have several in public school as well.
Shelby is going back to Chino High as a Junior! Griffen is off to the local middle school as a 7th grader. Both Breckin and Berlyn are entering 3rd grade at a local Elem. School. I do have Elwyn at home as a 6th grader and both Trystan and Rowan at home as 1st graders. After a lot of prayer and consideration, we decided to enroll them into an online school this year. Trystan still needs that little extra and I want them to get back into a routine this year.
What are some of the activities that you have been doing this summer?
Our summer bucket list projects is getting longer and longer!!
- We picked up a tie-dye shirt set along with 2 5-packs of kids tee-shirts (you know the ones in the boys undies section.) What a FUN project for the kids! (The whole project was less than $30 and we made 9 shirts!!)
- We have gone camping.
- We have planted a garden.
- We have been to the library for their library program every week.
- We have painted the picnic table in the back yard(It is now an AWESOME Pea Green!)
- We watched a movie outside on the back patio and roasted s’mores.
- We finished out solar oven cookbook.
- Grif and El learned how to BBQ.
- Shelby got her driver’s permit.
- We sat outside on our back patio and watched the bats catching bug and caught toads the size of hamburgers as they were hopping around our feet.
- Bought and restored a high-school locker for our front hall to organize kids.
- Redecorated the little girls room (in a French Parisian theme – using mostly yard sale items) and cleaned out Shelby’s room – got her organized for the new school year!
- Went to the movies 4 times so far this summer as a family.
- Slip’n’slided and launched water balloons in a war (kids against big people)
- We made snowmen out of marshmallows.
- Danced in the monsoon rain.
- Made about a hundred different bath items using essential oils.
We have so many other things to share with you!!! And more things that we plan on doing.