Many years ago, I had discovered that my little girl, Elwyn (now almost a teenager), was deathly allergic to “Red Dye.” As a mom, I did everything that I could to eliminate the potential for harm on my baby. (She was about 16 months old when the discovery was made and was just starting to eat “big people food” .)
As we researched what El could and couldn’t eat, we began noticing that Dye was in EVERYTHING! And those dyes could kill my little girl.
I got in my kitchen with turn of the century cookbooks and began creating my own recipes of everyday items that we had in our pantry that contained red dye.
Our family eats dye free… And I know that it has benefited all of us to watch what we eat and not eat all of those processed box foods.