Growing our own fruits and veggies is extremely important to our family. We always plant extra and a variety of plants in our garden.
Butternut squash is a favorite in this house. Once cooked, it has a “creamy” texture. It can be used as a stand alone dish, a side or even a soup. My kids LOVE butternut squash.
Butternut squash can be grown and stored for several months after you harvest. It is a fantastic winter squash.
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butternut squash in oven safe pan.
- Add butter to top and sprinkle with rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.