I was honored to be able to talk at the Chino Valley Oathkeeper’s Preparedness class this weekend! THANK YOU FOR INVITING ME!!! Click the button below to download the PDF of the handout of the class.
We talked about getting your garden up and going. Yep, this can be essential to getting ready for any disaster or need.
Start simple…. Lettuce, tomatoes, squash… and all of these can be planted on your back porch in pots and will provide fresh veggies for your family. – What you don’t eat, can or dehydrate.
Next, get a chicken or 2 for each member of your family. (Or instead, 4 quail per person in your family will provide enough eggs for your family and can live in much smaller spaces.
If you are able, you can add sheep or goats to the swing of things in order to get milk for dairy products and I was able to show what a cheese press looks like. Yep, It was a good day!
I was able to share 2 important handouts:
- My list of go to websites for many different homesteading products. THIS IS NOT COMPLETE and is a full working list. Here it is to share with you!
- My local planting guide from Yavapai Extension Office. Here is a link for their PDF: http://ag.arizona.edu/yavapai/publications/yavcobulletins/Yavapai%20County%20Vegetable%20Planting%20Dates.pdf
Here is my list for you:
- www.familyfirstsupply.com – seed bank, local
- www.toddsseeds.com – bulk seeds
Cheese Making Supplies
Local Delivery for Grains Meat and Other Bulk Items
- http://www.harvestessentials.com/ – Excalibur 9-tray
Goat & Animal Supplies
- www.caprinesupply.com – Goat and Sheep items
- www.henrymilker.com – Manual milker
- www.poultrysupplies.com – Incubator Trays
- www.incubatorwarehouse.com – All sizes of incubators
Soap Making Supplies
Dried Herbs and Teas
Vitamins and Supplements
- www.Mazys.com – Local, Guns and Survival
- www.sosproducts.com – survival products
- www.naztanks.com – Water Tanks
Blog and websites from general information: