The following recipe is for ONE hobo stew which is
ONE serving. We make 10+ when we go camping and these can be thrown in your solar oven after lunch for dinner or even on a campfire or grill.
- 1 hamburger patty
- 1/3 cup hash browns or home style potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki or 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce – page 46
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Set up solar oven.
- Lay out square of aluminum foil and place hamburger patty in middle of foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes and vegetables on top of patty
- Sprinkle again with salt and pepper
- Add sauce to top of “mound.”
- Pull up corners of aluminum foil to form a “bundle” and twist foil to seal
- Add bundle to solar oven and seal oven.
- Let cook for 4 hours in oven or until meat is cooked