Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls – These are a simple and easy dessert to take to a Christmas party. We normally make these and get them in the fridge and make cookies in the oven while these are chilling.
- 2 cups peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package of Chocolate bark or 2 cups of chocolate chips (our preference)
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl. I use my kitchen aid mixer. 🙂 Mix well.
- Add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time. You may need to add a bit more or a bit less powdered sugar. You have enough powdered sugar when the mixture holds together well in one giant ball in your mixing bowl.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until th
ey firm up.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Cover and refrigerate again, for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
- Dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Place the dipped peanut butter chocolate ball onto wax paper.
- Let the chocolate harden.
- If you are not serving right away, you can chill until ready to serve.