December 18: Luke 2:13 – Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, —
This has to be one of my favorite “Not so healthy” dishes. This dish can use homemade meatballs (That recipe will be linked next week for New Years or even pre-made meatballs.
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet or saute pan to medium-low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk or cream (heavy cream makes a GREAT sauce), Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt. Continue to stir until well-combined.
- Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning to coat well. Add fresh parsley, if using.
- Serve over Rice or wide egg noodles (The fav in this family!)