I only use oils from Young Living because I know that they are 100% pure and a grade above all other oils that I have tried and tested. It is the only one that I will trust with my family.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room-temperature
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour (We substituted a gluten-free flour blend for ours) – plus extra for rolling.
- Lavender Essential Oil (about 3 drops) – optional
- In your blender or food processor, pulse blend together the sugar and the dried lavender flowers until flowers are smaller and the mixture is more fine.
- In a mixer, combine the flour and the sugar mixture.
- Add butter and 3 drops of PURE essential oil. (You may add a few drops of red and blue food colors if you want to make them purple… we don’t use dyes so this wasn’t an option for us.)
- Mix until well blended.
- Roll dough out to about .25 in thick and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake.
- Remove to cooling rack.
Bake at 325 for 15 minutes – Makes about 2 dozen cookies depending on the size of your cutter