I love December because I seem to spend more time with my children in the kitchen. And now that they are bigger. I get to watch while they are cooking, cutting, dicing or icing.
Last year we came across this AWESOME mint candy recipe online at http://tatertotsandjello.com/2014/12/happy-holidays-cream-cheese-mints.html
Here is a exact copy of the recipe from the tatertotsandjello.com website…. But as you can see by my photo, I didn’t break out my icing tips. I just used a ziplock bag and clipped the corner.
- 1 (8oz) brick of cream cheese; room temperature
- 2 tbsp butter; room temperature
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups powdered sugar
- food coloring
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. (Do as I say, not as I did… my bad.) Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, combine cream cheese and butter. Once well combined, add in peppermint extract.
- Slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until thick. The mixture should be stiff enough to hold a peak and not wilt when the mixer is off. This is normally in the 4 1/2 to 5 cups of powdered sugar range.
- Add food coloring to cream cheese mixture until desired color is reached. If doing multiple colors, divide cream cheese and then dye. (My mints required 1 drop of red and 3 drops of green.)
- Put cream cheese mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium star tip and drop nickel sized amounts on lined baking sheet. (To make the “kiss” shape, hold tip 1/2-inch above the baking sheet, squeeze bag until circumference is about that of a nickel, and then pull up quickly.)
- Place tray in freezer for 2 hours to allow the mints to firm up. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Luke 1:37 -For nothing is impossible with God.