You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
When Shelby looked at me and said, “Mom, I want disco balls in my room to reflect the morning light”. I just laughed… anyone who knows Shelby knows that she NEVER sees the morning light!! This morning, I had to pull her out of bed at 9am to start school work.
Then, I started thinking…How could I make affordable disco balls for the girls’ room.
Recycled CDs!!! I have a ton of scratched cds and dvds that can not be used anymore. I bought a handful of white Styrofoam balls , cut up a dozen broken cds and started gluing.
For this project, you will need to following:
- styrofoam balls
- 1-1/2 cds per styrofoam ball
- small dowel rod
- tacky glue (school glue DOES NOT work) – I bought GOOEY GLUE by Darice on sale at Michaels.
- kitchen shears
- cut dowel rod to fit inside the ball with a 1/2 to 1 inch extra on the top
- push the cut rod mostly through the ball, remove, add glue and stick back in.
- cut your cd into small pieces with the shears (regular kitchen scissors DO NOT WORK! Are you doubting me? I tried… with 3 different pairs of scissors)
- apply tacky glue to the ball and glue on the cd pieces – let dry
- add a loop to the top around the rod, then tie a bow with an additional piece.I used hot glue for the top loop and bow.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday