I have 100 pounds of pears in my dining room right now. I LOVE pears!!! So I just made a pie for our family and a pie for my sister’s family. My sister’s beau, Jason, LOVES Pie!
- homemade Graham Cracker Crust (I make my own graham crackers!! Here is a link to the graham crackers that I LOVE to make! http://scrapwarrior.com/blog/2010/03/30/640/)
- 5 peeled, sliced fresh pears
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
Line a 9-inch pie plate with your graham cracker crust mixture (not listed above but I use graham crackers, melted butter and sugar). Add the sliced pears. Combine sugar, flour, lemon peel, and seasonings; sprinkle over the pears. Drizzle with the lemon juice then dot with the butter. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes.