November to me represents everything that I am thankful for. The leaves are changing colors, fall is HERE! Time to start baking, and using those apple sauces and canned foods that we worked so hard to create over the summer. I love pumpkin and cranberries with a touch of cloves and cinnamon.
- This year, I am thankful that we are in our new bigger house.
- I am thankful that God is in our lives.
- I am thankful that Lar has a job in this economy (even if I have been eager to disagree about the cuts that he received).
- I am thankful for my family, my friends and my health.
- I am thankful that we have the options to homeschool even with the harshest criticism from people who *were* our friends.
- I am thankful that I am so close to finishing my art degree even with the battles that I have fought!
- I am thankful that food is plentiful and that I can feed my ever-growing family and have learned to coupon shop to the fullest extent.
- I am thankful for the followers of my blog and hope that I can continue to serve your throughout the upcoming year.
So the project for the day: OUR THANKFUL JARS
My kids used glitter, fake flowers, stamps and ink, decorative scissors and ribbon.
We spent about 90 minutes cutting gluing and decorating our jars.
Then, I cut 2 12×12 scrapbook papers into 1×6 strips. Every day between now and Thanksgiving, each person in the family is going to write 1 thing on a strip and drop it into their jar – their name gets to go on the back and the thankful on the front of the strip. On Thanksgiving, we are going to take them out and staple these together and make a paper chain to hang in our school room.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday