I believe that you can never have too many Nativity Scenes up for Christmas time. I have started adding a new one every year to our “collection”. This year, I made one and was inspired by one I saw at my mom’s group, Vital Moms at the Height Church. I was sad to not know WHO made the one there to give proper credit to my MUSE. 🙂 (If it is you, let me know!!)
These are fun to make and do not take up a TON of time… although you can get lost in detail.
You will need:
- 2 small clay or wooden pots,
- 2 large wooden balls for the “heads”,
- a clay or wooden plaque,
- scrap felt in white and 2 other colors,
- brown paint,
- flesh paint
- white paint,
- hot glue gun.
- Optional: gold paint, crackle paint, black marker to draw on faces, fake snow paint, wooden star and staff.
- Paint the balls flesh and the pots a brown color(I also “crackled” the bodies with my crackle paint). Hot glue together. Add the colored scraps on to make clothing and ties with a piece of raffia each, Mary around her neck and Joseph around the head.
- Paint the disk white (or brown) and add the “people” to it.
- Create a “bunching” of raffia to make the hay manger and hot glue to the base.
- Swaddle the white cloth to make a “baby”. Glue to the hay manger.
- Optional: add texture snow around the base – This MUST dry overnight!!
Here is the sample that inspired me:
And here is my finished nativity:
Luke 2:8 – And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday