What a weird day today! The weather was strange… the moon was full… and people seemed to be out to get everyone today. I made the mistake of posting on my facebook account a very touchy subject in our small town. The 4-day VS 5-day school district work week. I enjoy the fact that
- Berlyn can’t physically / mentally do anymore classes during the week so he is only at school 4 days a week.
- I enjoy my husband working 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days.
- Every weekend with both my husband and my children are 3-day weekends!
- As a parent, I want my children to be at school for less time. I want them home more and not feel that I am using the school district as a babysitter. (When my kids are gone for long periods of time with school activities, I feel like a failure as a parent because someone else is raising my kids.)
- To change the back to the 5-day a week schedule, it mean that they school district will have to come up with $300,000 (approx) more and that means more job cuts!!! Can we really run a district with LESS TEACHERS / EMPLOYEES?
I ended up deleting 6 people off of my friends list from facebook. I was called selfish. I was called one-sided. I asked for no debate on my facebook page… and got a debate so I deleted posts.
I love my small town… I love living here and I love making our town a better place. That is what I will continue to do as well as I can!Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday