Home-made Biscuits!!! Yes, Please.
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs baking powder
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of shortening
- 2 cup of milk or buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening. until what’s in the bowl resembles coarse meal.
- Gradually stir in the milk until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If your dough seems too sticky, add a tablespoon or two more flour. If it’s too dry, add more milk.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Knead the dough. You don’t want to over work it. Just until there are no sticky parts. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a round cookie cutter (or the rim of a glass/mug) to punch out the biscuits.
Place the cut outs onto a greased cookie pan. Place in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the tops and edges start to brown.
Enjoy your food!Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday