You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
Here’s the breakdown of what geocaching is and how to start it.
- You have a GPS.
- Log into www.geocaching.com and get the coordinates of a location near you – make sure that you read the description too, there may be clues in it.
- Enter the coordinates into your GPS.
- Take you and your kids out to the coordinates
- Find the hidden treasure (and when I say treasure, I mean a container)
- Sign the log in the contain with your geocache name, exchange goodies (AKA swag – we carry a bag of army men in the car with us.)
- Return the “cache” to the same place that you found it for the next person.
My kids have such a BLAST going geocaching. We invested in a $100 GPS that is specifically for caching and during the summer, we go once a week out to find a cache or two. If we are going to be gone for more than 3, we pack a picnic lunch. Geocaching allows us to work together as a family, using clues to find a “treasure:. We get outside, away from TVs, computers and cell phones to hike and exercise our minds and our bodies.
We use it as part of our homeschooling.
There are also treasures that are in the container that range from something the size of the end of your fingernail (MICRO) to ammo cans and 5 gallon buckets. There could also be geocoins and trackers. If you are lucky enough to find one of those, AWESOME! Write down the number, log it in and pass it on. Then, you can track it on it’s journey.
Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday