You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
Living in Arizona (even though we are up in the mountains where it isn’t 1oo-million degrees in the summer time) my skin DRIES OUT! So does all of my children’s. I am tired of putting chemicals like lotion on my body when I can’t even pronounce many of the ingredients. We are lucky to have a place called Honeyman in our area (although still 30 minute drive for me) who sells local honey, beeswax, dried fruit, and even gluten-free items that we can pick up for the Tryst-man.
We have started making our own lotion bars. And the best part is that is uses only a few ingredients. Coconut oil, beeswax and essential oil. (I have experimented with MANY different recipes, including ones with vitamin E and with shea butter – My shea butter ones always come out sticky and never set quite right.
You will need:
- A silicon treat pan – I used my square one, but also have a heart one that I love. (Click here for a silicon heart mold)
- Pot with double boiler (or what I did was take a pot on my stove and fill it 1/2 full of water and dropped in a pyrex glass measuring cup with the handle over the side of the pot)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Click here for Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Beeswax (Click here for Beeswax Pellets) I had a block of beeswax that I used for some other projects and grated it.
- 10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil – We used JOY from Young Living Essential Oils in this batch.
- In your double boiler (or make-shift one – pyrex measuring cup in a pot of boiling water, melt beeswax for a few minutes until it starts to liquify. Stir
- Add in coconut and continue to melt until both ingredients are melted down.
- Remove from heat and wait 60 seconds to cool slightly
- add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. We LOVE JOY from Young Living as well as the Citrus Blend from Young Living. (Click here for Young Living Essential Oils)
TIP: Store these in a cool, dry place so they don’t melt on you. You can place them in tins or in small fabric bags.
Here is some additional information on Joy Essential Oil Blend and other uses. To purchase this and other AMAZING Essential Oils and products visit https://www.youngliving.org/krismazy
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday