If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Solar Oven Stuffed Bell Peppers
Featured in the upcoming Solar Oven Cookbook – Released by July 1!!!
|This dish is eaten often in our house especially in the summer time when bell peppers go on super sale at the grocery store and when our garden is in over abundance.. Our two youngest kids often just eat the fillings out of the pepper. I am always hoping!
This recipe can be easily doubled where you can fill both solar oven pans.
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- one egg, beaten
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (including juice from cut tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Set up solar oven.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and pull out the seed bundle.
- In a bowl mix remaining ingredients (minus toppings)
- Divide the mixture and fill each bell pepper
- Sprinkle with toppings – cheese and green onions.
- Place filled peppers in solar oven pan.
- Add pan with lid to solar oven and seal.
- Let cook for 6-8 hours in oven or until cooked completely through.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday