If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Yes, I know that it is only July 19. (It is actually my beautiful mommy’s 60th birthday) But, I tend to see that Summer is ALMOST DONE! (I say that only because kids in Arizona go back to school at the beginning of AUGUST! As most of you know, I do homeschool some of my kids, but I also have several in public school as well.
Shelby is going back to Chino High as a Junior! Griffen is off to the local middle school as a 7th grader. Both Breckin and Berlyn are entering 3rd grade at a local Elem. School. I do have Elwyn at home as a 6th grader and both Trystan and Rowan at home as 1st graders. After a lot of prayer and consideration, we decided to enroll them into an online school this year. Trystan still needs that little extra and I want them to get back into a routine this year.
What are some of the activities that you have been doing this summer?
Our summer bucket list projects is getting longer and longer!!
- We picked up a tie-dye shirt set along with 2 5-packs of kids tee-shirts (you know the ones in the boys undies section.) What a FUN project for the kids! (The whole project was less than $30 and we made 9 shirts!!)
- We have gone camping.
- We have planted a garden.
- We have been to the library for their library program every week.
- We have painted the picnic table in the back yard(It is now an AWESOME Pea Green!)
- We watched a movie outside on the back patio and roasted s’mores.
- We finished out solar oven cookbook.
- Grif and El learned how to BBQ.
- Shelby got her driver’s permit.
- We sat outside on our back patio and watched the bats catching bug and caught toads the size of hamburgers as they were hopping around our feet.
- Bought and restored a high-school locker for our front hall to organize kids.
- Redecorated the little girls room (in a French Parisian theme – using mostly yard sale items) and cleaned out Shelby’s room – got her organized for the new school year!
- Went to the movies 4 times so far this summer as a family.
- Slip’n’slided and launched water balloons in a war (kids against big people)
- We made snowmen out of marshmallows.
- Danced in the monsoon rain.
- Made about a hundred different bath items using essential oils.
We have so many other things to share with you!!! And more things that we plan on doing.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday