We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Essential Oil Tuesday – Lavender Shortbread Cookies
I only use oils from Young Living because I know that they are 100% pure and a grade above all other oils that I have tried and tested. It is the only one that I will trust with my family.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room-temperature
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour (We substituted a gluten-free flour blend for ours) – plus extra for rolling.
- Lavender Essential Oil (about 3 drops) – optional
- In your blender or food processor, pulse blend together the sugar and the dried lavender flowers until flowers are smaller and the mixture is more fine.
- In a mixer, combine the flour and the sugar mixture.
- Add butter and 3 drops of PURE essential oil. (You may add a few drops of red and blue food colors if you want to make them purple… we don’t use dyes so this wasn’t an option for us.)
- Mix until well blended.
- Roll dough out to about .25 in thick and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake.
- Remove to cooling rack.
Bake at 325 for 15 minutes – Makes about 2 dozen cookies depending on the size of your cutter
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday