We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
My kids are GAGA for anything pickled… They will go through a gallon sized pickle jar in one afternoon. (EEEWWW I can’t stand pickles!) Pickled Carrots are one of their favorites… and such a sweet special treat for them. We buy carrots in 25 pound bags at our house (they love eating them as afternoon snacks)
- 4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns per jar
- 30 large carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced in half for each jar
- 1 teaspoon dill (We use dried from our garden) per jar
I like the tall 1-1/2 pint jars for my pickles and for my pickled carrots.
- In a medium saucepan, mix distilled white vinegar, white sugar, and salt, Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the carrots in sterile containers. Top carrots with onions, peppercorn, garlic and dill.
- Cover with the vinegar solution.
- Water bath seal your jars for 20 minutes
- Marinate carrots 12 hours or overnight before serving.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday