If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
5 years ago, we were so excited to find a laundry soap recipe that we could make for pennies for our family. We LOVE the fact that we save so much money on just that alone in our budget. I mean think about it, how much laundry soap is needed for 10 people!!!
W do make our soap about every 3 months. But, for a smaller family this could last you 6-12 months.
- 5 gallon bucket (reusable for additional batches) I picked mine up at the Chino Valley Ace Hardware
- 1 whole bar of soap (used Ivory- it was really soft and easy to grate)
- 1 cup Washing Soda – I found this at Chino Valley Ace Hardware (not at Walgreens or Safeway)
- 1/2 cup Borax – Found this at both Safeway and at Ace Hardware
- 3 Gallons (48 cups of water) plus 4 additional cups of water
- 1 tablespoon Essential Oil (OPTIONAL) – I used some older stuff that I had… my next batch will only have about 20 drops of Young Living Oils in it.
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Grate bar of soap and add to boiling water
- Stir until dissolved (took about 4 minutes.)
- Add 3 Gallons of warm / hot water to your 5 gallon bucket. (3 gallons = 48 Cups)
- Add the dissloved soap to the bucket and stir
- Add 1 cup of washing soap and stir for 2+ minutes with a long handled spoon until dissolved
- Add 1/2 cup borax and stir until dissolved (about 3 minutes)
- OPTIONAL: add 1T of essential oil and stir.
- Place lid on tight and let it sit overnight.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday