You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
Makes 16 pitas (This recipe is easily halved…. When our family makes it, we make 2 in a row and make 32 pitas+ at a time)
- 6 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons of yeast (or 2 packets)
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups warm (not hot)water (Divided into 1 cup and remainder)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Add yeast and sugar to the 1 Cup of water. Stir until dissolved Let bubble for 5 minutes.
- In mixer, add flour, salt and blend. Gradually add the yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Continue to stir in the additional water until the mixture forms a ball (I use my kitchen aid and dough hook)
- Kneed your dough for 10 minutes. (if it is too tacky, add additional flour. If it is too dry, add additional water.)
- Add kneaded dough to a greased bowl and let rise for 90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (I add a clay pizza tray into my oven so it is HOT.)
- Punch down your dough and divide into 16 even(ish) balls and let rest for an additional 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough ball to flat 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. (rolling thinner is better)
- Place 2 of your rolled doughs on the hot surface in the oven for 3-4 minutes. The pitas will puff up. Remove from oven…
That’s it! Although they do take a while to rise, these pitas are well worth it.Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday