You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
The following recipe is for ONE hobo stew which is
ONE serving. We make 10+ when we go camping and these can be thrown in your solar oven after lunch for dinner or even on a campfire or grill.
- 1 hamburger patty
- 1/3 cup hash browns or home style potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki or 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce – page 46
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Set up solar oven.
- Lay out square of aluminum foil and place hamburger patty in middle of foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes and vegetables on top of patty
- Sprinkle again with salt and pepper
- Add sauce to top of “mound.”
- Pull up corners of aluminum foil to form a “bundle” and twist foil to seal
- Add bundle to solar oven and seal oven.
- Let cook for 4 hours in oven or until meat is cooked
Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday