Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (we use goat milk in ours)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (yes, you can use homemade butter in this)
- Sift, measure and then place the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg well in a small bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla and melted butter to the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Put the above wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir just until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Fold in any optional add-ins gently
- Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
- The muffins should be golden brown in color and spring back when touched.
- Blueberry Muffins. Use 1/2 cup sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour, sprinkle it over 1 cup blueberries
- Pecan Muffins. Use 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. After filling the cups, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and more chopped nuts.
- Whole-Wheat Muffins. Use 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour and 1 cup white flour.
- Date or Raisin Muffins. Add 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1/3 cup raisins to the batter.
- Bacon Muffins. Add 3 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled, to the batter.
- Cherry or cranberry Muffins – 2/3 cup of cherries or cranberries, mixed with 2 Tbsp. of sugar
- Dried fruit Muffins – 1/2 cup apricots, currants, peaches, figs, prunes, raisins or dates
- Nut Muffins. – 1/3 cup chopped
- Cheese Muffins. – 1/2 cup grated cheese and 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cornmeal Muffins. – 1 cup cornmeal and 1 cup flour -change in main recipe
- Banana Nut Muffins. – add 1 cup mashed bananas and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pina Colada Muffins. – add 1 small can drained crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Apple Spice Muffins. – add 1 peeled chopped apple, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash nutmeg.
- Coffee Walnut Muffins. – add 1 teaspoon coffee extract and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins. – add 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices, 1/2 c. nuts.
- Mincemeat Muffins. – add 1 cup canned mincemeat and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Date Nut Muffins. – add 1 cup chopped dates and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Cranberry Muffins. – add 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup nuts, 1 teaspoon orange rind.
- Chocolate Chip Muffins. – add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, nuts if desired.
- Cherry Almond Muffins. – add 1 cup chopped dried cherries and 1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins – add 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips, plus 1/4 additional milk.
- Chocolate Cinnamon Muffins – add 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 additional milk, 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Zucchini Muffins – add 3/4 cups grated zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday
Spread the love