We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (we use goat milk in ours)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (yes, you can use homemade butter in this)
- Sift, measure and then place the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg well in a small bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla and melted butter to the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Put the above wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir just until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Fold in any optional add-ins gently
- Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
- The muffins should be golden brown in color and spring back when touched.
- Blueberry Muffins. Use 1/2 cup sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour, sprinkle it over 1 cup blueberries
- Pecan Muffins. Use 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. After filling the cups, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and more chopped nuts.
- Whole-Wheat Muffins. Use 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour and 1 cup white flour.
- Date or Raisin Muffins. Add 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1/3 cup raisins to the batter.
- Bacon Muffins. Add 3 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled, to the batter.
- Cherry or cranberry Muffins – 2/3 cup of cherries or cranberries, mixed with 2 Tbsp. of sugar
- Dried fruit Muffins – 1/2 cup apricots, currants, peaches, figs, prunes, raisins or dates
- Nut Muffins. – 1/3 cup chopped
- Cheese Muffins. – 1/2 cup grated cheese and 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cornmeal Muffins. – 1 cup cornmeal and 1 cup flour -change in main recipe
- Banana Nut Muffins. – add 1 cup mashed bananas and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pina Colada Muffins. – add 1 small can drained crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Apple Spice Muffins. – add 1 peeled chopped apple, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash nutmeg.
- Coffee Walnut Muffins. – add 1 teaspoon coffee extract and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins. – add 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices, 1/2 c. nuts.
- Mincemeat Muffins. – add 1 cup canned mincemeat and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Date Nut Muffins. – add 1 cup chopped dates and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Cranberry Muffins. – add 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup nuts, 1 teaspoon orange rind.
- Chocolate Chip Muffins. – add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, nuts if desired.
- Cherry Almond Muffins. – add 1 cup chopped dried cherries and 1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins – add 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips, plus 1/4 additional milk.
- Chocolate Cinnamon Muffins – add 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 additional milk, 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Zucchini Muffins – add 3/4 cups grated zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday
Spread the love