You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
We have a tradition in our family to do an activity every day of December for advent.
Try a new baking recipe today. This could be bread or cookies. And of course, bake it together. Let the kids measure! Share that time together. After all, they are only little for a little while.
I was blessed by a friend to share a homemade roll recipe last week for Thanksgiving. We have made it 3 times in the past 10 days. The kids gobble it down.
Homemade yeast dinner rolls
– makes 24 rolls –
- 3 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 cup water (for a total of 3)
- 7 cups flour (the original recipe called for 6 cups of flour, but I found it a bit sticky too – however we are at over a mile up)
- Put yeast and some of the sugar in a bowl, add warm water to activate yeast – Let sit for 3-5 minutes until the yeast water becomes frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Mix with large spoon then turn out on floured surface. Knead 5-8 minutes.
- Put in a Greased bowl and cover with kitchen towel. Let rise 20 minutes.
- Make into rolls (little bigger than golf ball size) and add into two greased 9×13 pans. Makes 24 rolls.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400- Don’t over bake.
Matthew 1:23 – “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.”
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday