You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
This is a recipe that I found a long time ago and had jotted down on a post-it note. We have been making this for about a year now and have altered it to fit our family. 🙂
- 16 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Tablespoon Italian seasoning, dried basil or oregano
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of roasted green chilies
- 1-1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 3 cups
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook into small crumbles until browned. Set aside.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and seasoning until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chilies and diced tomatoes.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef, and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday
Spread the love