If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This is a recipe that I found a long time ago and had jotted down on a post-it note. We have been making this for about a year now and have altered it to fit our family. 🙂
- 16 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Tablespoon Italian seasoning, dried basil or oregano
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of roasted green chilies
- 1-1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 3 cups
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook into small crumbles until browned. Set aside.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and seasoning until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chilies and diced tomatoes.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef, and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday
Spread the love