You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
My children know that when they are starting to feel yucky, they can just go into the fridge and get out the elderberry syrup. And all they need to do is to take a spoonful. We have been making this for years.
- 3/4 cup dried elderberries (There are many places to get these… The best price that I have found and from a company that I trust is Mountain Herbs – https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/elder-berries/profile
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (I keep these around for my chai tea)
- 4 whole cloves (I keep these around for my chai tea, too)
- 1 cup honey (I buy local honey from a small store in my area called HoneyMan.)
- Add the berries, water, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon stick to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the berry mixture to a simmer. (I actually cooked today’s batch on my wood stove)
- Allow ingredients to simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Add your honey to your jar.
- Strain the berries from the juice, using a cheesecloth and small mesh sieve over your jar.
- Now you have the perfect syrup for fighting off the sniffles this season. Keep your jar in the fridge.
- Take 1 tablespoon daily by spoon . When I am in the middle of a cold, I take it 3 times a day.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday