You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
Another tasty treat in our house, Although we do not make it terribly often as it is very rich.
It is a GREAT gift wrapped up in a bag with a bow for a last minute gift for someone this Christmas.
- 1-1/4 Cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1-1/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- 2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 Cup toasted chopped almonds, pecans or peanuts (or a mixture – )
- Pink Himalayan or Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Do not skip this step or you will be stuck to everything!!!!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Let butter melt and sugar dissolve and bring to a boil, then cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, so the butter and sugar don’t separate, until mixture turns a medium amber and is thick, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pour toffee mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and immediately top all over with chocolate chips. Let sit 2 minutes so chocolate begins to melt, then spread chocolate all over with a spatula to create a layer on top of toffee.
- Sprinkle all over with almonds and pecans (use chopped crumbs too for nice texture!) and salt.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour, then cut or break into pieces and serve.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday