Welcome to another video using freeze-dried foods from our Harvest Right Freeze Dryer.
Here is a summary of what we thought of this batch:
- Frozen Peas – rehydrated in boiling water – taste just like frozen peas.
- Mangoes – eaten dried – kids gave 2 thumbs up as a fruit snack.
- Caramel Apples – Caramel was bubbly from the sugar. Trying this one again with sugar-free caramel
- Scallion onion bulbs – perfect to be added back into soups or rehydrated and added to ground burger.
- Guacamole – can be used dried and crumbled onto salads or rehydrated and used like fresh. We may try and rehydrate with lemon/lime juice to prevent additional browning.
Freeze Dried Peas, Guacamole, Caramel Apples, Mangoes, Onions and Frozen Peas – KrisAndLarry using our Harvest Right Freeze Dryer
Follow us on our journey through homesteading, being prepared and homeschooling. We love our Harvest Right freeze-dry machine. Check out our crew. Great after school snack.
Check out the Freeze Dry units HERE: https://affiliates.harvestright.com/377.html
Our Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/krismazy #AmazonInfluencer #krisandlarry
And of course, our family webpage: https://www.krisandlarry.com