We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
In my journey of having a large family, I have researched and researched what I feel is a necessity of having in case of a natural disaster or another catastrophic event. (I include the thought of losing a job or being short on your luck this month in this category!)
- Fresh and safe water. – This could be a number of things. This could be bottled water from a store or barrels of water that you have filled yourself. You should also have a water filtration systems of some sort in case your local water becomes contaminated. This is equivalent to 3 gallons of water per day or 20 gallons per person per week of preparedness.
- Food supply for you, your family and your pets. Please make sure that if you are preparing for a “worse case” scenario that you have food for your animals, too. Store extra bags of dog or cat food. I have several bags of recleaned wheat in storage to grow fodder for my farm animals.
- First Aid Kit that includes a trauma kit and suture kit
- Tools: A knife, ax, work gloves, a wrench for your gas lines, zip ties, duct tape, sewing kit, rope, twine, and paracord
- For Light: A Lantern and Fuel, candles, matches (waterproof), fire starters, crank or battery-powered flashlights
- For Hygiene hand sanitizer, camp soap, baby wipes, tampons and pads
- And of course – For heat, layered clothes and a reflective heat blanket.
How do you go about food storage for your family? For our family, We have invested in a freeze-dry machine from Harvest Right to make all of the meals that we like. There are many companies out there that have prepackaged meals too, like Mountain Home. We have added a TON of links on our Amazon Page. https://www.amazon.com/shop/krismazy
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday