You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
Since February of 2019, we have adjusted our eating habits a bit more. (Kids still eat bread and pasta.) However, I (Kris) have been eating Keto / Low Carb and so far am down about 60 pounds. I have 60 to go for my goal. I can do it! 🙂
This recipe is one of my go-to for cold weather. I love the flavor of this soup on a cold winter and rainy day. Make sure you have enough salt and pepper in this soup… add more as needed.
Instant Pot Faux Potato Cauliflower Cheese Soup (Keto, Low Carb)
- pressure cooker, Instant pot
- Blender or food processor
- 2 heads Cauliflower, Chopped into florets
- 12 slices Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, cubed and room temperature
- 6 cups Water
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Add butter, celery, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pressure cooker. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and translucent. Turn off the saute mode.
- Add cauliflower florets and water, then stir and check that the cauliflower is submerged. Add additional water as needed. Secure and seal the pressure cooker lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure, followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover. Add cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree until smooth or to desired texture.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve in bowls, optionally sprinkling with shredded cheese and sliced scallions. Crumble bacon on top.
Looking for other homesteading and home blogs – visit https://simplelifemom.com/2019/11/20/homestead-blog-hop-265/ and https://www.oakhillhomestead.com/2019/11/simple-homestead-blog-hop-235.htmlThank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday