We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Every year for Thanksgiving, our family loves to try and find new foods to go along with our classic regulars like Turkey, stuffing, and spinach dip. Several weeks ago, we made these bite-sized cheese balls. They were such a hit with the kids that it has quickly become a regular for our family gatherings.
Eat these with crackers, veggies or just plain. These are Keto friendly too for those looking at a low carb option for an appetizer.
I love that I can add dried cranberries to the nut rub. You can also exchange some of the cream cheese for goat cheese and change it up a bit. Goat cheese is a favorite in our house.
This is an easy enough recipe for kids to help. I know because mine does! So, get those little hands washed and instead of the cookie scoop only, let them roll those cheeseballs.
Enjoy this recipe and customize it to you! Remember, you can cut it in half for a smaller serving. I can not wait for you to try these!
Cheese Ball Bites
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 24 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cups chopped parsley
- 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a cookie scoop to form mixture into 36 small balls and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm – about 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together bacon, pecans, and green onions.
- Roll cheese balls in mixture to coat. Serve and enjoy!
- You can also chop up dried cranberries and add to the rolling mixture
- or substitute goat cheese for ay part of the cream cheese.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday