We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
I love changing up traditional holiday foods with updated versions. This dish does well added to your holiday plate.
I make this a little more keto-friendly by using the Erythritol instead of sugar in this recipe. Cranberries are fairly low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. 1 cup of fresh berries only has 12g of carbs and almost 5g of dietary fiber.
And guess what? This dish tastes great freeze-dried too. That post is coming soon.
- meat grinder or food processor
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar or Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cored and sliced
- 1 Navel orange with peel Cut into quarters and grind the peel with the fruit.
- 1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- Place fruit in your grinder. I use a kitchen aid meat grinder attachment with the larger grind blade. You can use a food processor or a blender on the pulse mode. DO not over grind or you will have a fruit smoothie.
- Stir in sugar (to taste). Stir well to mix sugar and fruit
- Chill and serve.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday