I love playing with and creating recipes to make them my own. Ever since I started watching my carbs, I have been researching and creating a whole new type of dessert for myself. This has been a great journey because my son Trystan who is gluten intolerant can also eat everything that I create on my “keto” menu. These cookies are fresh and not overly sweet. The glaze on top adds a sweet and sour feature.
Keto Lemon Cookies
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 tbsp erythritol, powered
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups almond Flour
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or one large lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup erythritol, powered
- 1-1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest together with the powdered erythritol until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until well-combined.
- Add the almond flour and mix. The dough is fairly soft at this stage.
- Wrap it in cling film and place either in the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes or in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Form 24 cookie dough balls and place them on the trays, flattening them slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned at the bottom (and ever so slightly browned on top).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Stir together the lemon juice, powdered erythritol and lemon zest for the glaze and spread over the cooled cookies.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday