My kids not only asked for seconds, but some even helped themselves to thirds. You can double or triple the recipe (make sure that you have a large enough crockpot! Watch that your sauce isn’t too thin if you double.
This recipe tastes great as a stand-alone, but you can also serve over rice, noodles, zucchini noodles or even cauliflower rice. Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese. 🙂
Tuscan Chicken in crock pot
- 4-6 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts or 6-8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1-1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 3 cup Spinach chopped, packed
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute. Stir in the cream and chicken broth.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- While simmering, place the chicken breasts or thighs at the bottom of your CrockPot. Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper. Top chicken thighs with sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the cream sauce is ready, lower the heat and whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese, little by little until smooth.
- Pour the cream sauce evenly over the chicken thighs in the CrockPot. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken thighs and less on the bottom.
- Cook your crockpot Tuscan Garlic Chicken for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.
- Turn the crockpot on HIGH, if it isn’t already. Add the chopped spinach in the crockpot and stir for a few minutes, until the spinach wilts. Serve!
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday