For most holidays on our homestead, we walk to Nana and Poppie’s house across the acreage for breakfast. Nana is classic for having pastries or other food from the “dark side”. LOL Now that I am watching everything that I eat to get down these 100 pounds(60 pounds gone so far), everything with carbs is from the dark side! Trystan also has an intolerance to gluten and to cow dairy in the form of milk and soft cheese.
As a result, we find alternatives to our diet. This is our go-to base muffin for him and me. We add all sorts of goodies into our muffins. My favorite is sugar-free chocolate chips and pecans with cranberries.
Low Carb Muffins
- muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease the muffin pan or line with paper muffin cups
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and then stir into the dry mixture.
- Stir in any optional items (or wait and sprinkle them on top after you fill your muffin cups.)
- Scoop into muffin cups, filling about 2/3.
- Bake 10 minutes on the center rack for mini muffins or 15 minutes for regular-sized muffins.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday