You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
I am often asked how I use the freeze-dried foods that we create. So in our freeze-drying journey, I am documenting everything that I create. I love buying in bulk and storing it for later!
The best part about freeze-dried foods is that you can create virtually anything that you can create with fresh (Only exception that I have found that I would miss if I only ate freeze-dried foods is a GREAT BLT. Nope, lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon are all items that can not really be reconstituted to make a GREAT BLT.
So you are not getting a video today, but here is a recipe from what we made. These are sour, so keep that in mind with the completed items. You can always add more sugar to sweeten it up more, however.
Orange Jigglers – from freeze dried oranges
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cup water, boiling
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried oranges, powdered
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and stir in powdered freeze-dried oranges.
- Sprinkle gelatin in a bowl of cold water and stir.
- Pour hot water into the cold water mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Pour into either a 13×9 inch pan or into molds.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. and cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday