These are a favorite in our house since they are so simple to create. And they were a hit at my mom’s cookie exchange with her friends. The best part about these is that you make them, throw them in the oven, turn off the oven and go to bed. They are ready in the morning for your next day (That is why Rowan doesn’t like them… She likes to make and eat and not have to wait. )
Yes, you can make these with Keto sugar as well. I have used the powdered keto sugar and sugar-free chocolate chips.
Forgotten Meringue Cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Do not put these in before the oven hits 350!
- Add vanilla to egg whites and beat with an electric hand mixer on high until just foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add in sugar while continuing to beat until all sugar is added and tall stiff peaks have formed. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (they don’t need to be spaced out much). Working one teaspoon at a time, push a teaspoonful of meringue from the tip of 1 teaspoon with the back of another teaspoon onto the lined baking sheets, leaving 1-inch of space between cookies.
- Place all cookies into the oven at once and immediately shut the oven off.
- Leave these undisturbed in the oven for at least 2 hours (Preferably overnight so that they can harden up.)
I recommend making these the night before you need them as they’ll need to be “forgotten” in the oven until morning.
*not to be made on a rainy or very humid day!*
**store in an airtight container at room temp! They’ll be good for a week to two if they make it that long!***Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Wonderful Wednesday