You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
I LOVE using left overs for this chili. And I never have any leftovers.
Thank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
White Chili (Using leftover TURKEY)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lbs Turkey I like to use left-overs
- 2 14 oz cans white beans, drained OR 2 cups dried white beans
- 2 cups chicken broth if using canned beans OR 4 cups chicken broth (if using dried beans)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime juiced
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese for serving
- Optional: cilantro for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil. Add in the onions. Saute for about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Turn off the saute setting.
- Add in the turkey, dried beans, chicken broth (4 cups for dried beans), chili powder, cumin, pepper, 2 tsp salt and green chiles. Stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual button or pressure cook button to 20 minutes.
- When the timer beeps indicating the 20 minutes is up, let the pot sit there for another 10-15 minutes. Then move the valve to venting and release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred it and return it to the pot.
- Melt the butter and use a whisk to stir the flour into the butter until it’s creamy and smooth. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function and stir in the butter flour mixture. Let the flour mixture thicken the soup. Stir every minute or so. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, sour cream and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese and cilantro. Enjoy!
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday
Spread the love